Today about 6,000 boys and girls in Belarus live in residential institutions. Every day of childhood spent without mom's and dad's warm embrace, caring hands and loving eyes sets back the development of the child by one month.
Family for Every Child programme
- Helps children reconnect with biological parents or find a new family that can provide the needed warmth, love, care and a feeling of home.
- Develops alternative forms of placement for children deprived of parental care, such as adoption, custody and guardianship, foster families, family-type homes.
- Helps young people with disabilities to maintain independent living while supported by professional and volunteers.
Make a donation of any amount to help children get back to their biological family or find foster parents.
Since 2018, the programme has been implemented in the Gomel Region with the financial support of Priorbank OJSC, Raiffeisen-Leasing LLC and the Government of the Russian Federation. In 2021 the geography of the project is expected to expand to cover the Vitebsk region as well.
The outcomes of the programme from April 2020 to May 2021
- The number of children in the Gomel regional orphanage went down by 25%. Now it has 36 children is residential care, 16 of whom are children in need of palliative care;
- The number of children who were placed in residential care went down. Out of 71 orphans and children left without parental care under the age of 4, 42 were placed in foster families (including adoption, guardianship, foster families and family-type homes);
- The efficiency of identifying and providing quality support to biological families raising in difficult life situations raising early-age children was improved. As a result of the efforts of the children's services professionals, out of 307 children under 4 years old recognized as being in a socially dangerous situation, only 22 were removed from the biological family;
- There is a greater number of those wishing to become foster parents’ candidates: 11 new adoptive families and 20 new guardianship families created.
Over 67 000 $
raised in 2020 for the programme with the individual donations.