For more than 70 years, UNICEF has responded to some of the biggest crises our world has faced - pandemics, epidemics, famines, and conflicts since World War II.
100% of your donation goes to our emergency response.
How is your donation used?
- Supplied 3,000 oxygen concentrators, 500 high-flow nasal cannulas, and 85 RT-PCR (COVID testing) machines. Working to supply more.
- Supporting the procurement and installation of 25 oxygen plants in hospitals and the installation of more than 70 thermal scanners at various ports of entry countrywide.
- Provided more than 11,000 PPE kits for functionaries working on India’s Childline so that childcare services can continue. Working to supply more.
- With partners, we have procured special refrigerators as part of the cold-chain strengthening of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Providing guidance and support for the safety and care of children in childcare institutions like care homes.
- Providing support to the government and partners to help children in 17 states continue learning from home. For example, ‘Mobile Learning Centres’ in Bihar are helping 28,000 children who did not have access to any type of digital equipment to continue learning.
- Working to counter vaccine misinformation and promote COVID Appropriate Behaviours (wearing masks, physical distancing, and handwashing), using multimedia content, produced weekly in multiple languages for broadcast on digital channels and media.